Below is a quick summary of written comments received at Leslieville Open House (8), Condor Open House (5) and via the County’s website feedback form (11).
Question 1 - Open House helpful?
* Yes (10)
* Yes, hopefully not the last (2)
* Somewhat (1)
Question 2 – Desired Outcome?
* Two smaller stations (7)
* One combined larger station for efficiencies (5)
* One larger station in Leslieville and satellite station in Condor (2)
* Need to know costs (5)
* Does not like the selected location of one larger station (1)
Question 3 – What could have been done better?
* Need more data/cost estimates (5)
* More conceptual slides as to what single fire hall would look like (2)
* Use new website/promote it/Facebook (2)
* Continue with community engagement (1)
* More of a slant to building community (1)
Question 4 - Best part of OH?
* Hearing a variety of questions/comments/questions answered (4)
* Facilitator an awesome speaker/well spoken (2)
* Positive interactions between participants/ participant comments (2)
* Meeting neighbours (1)
* Support for firefighters (1)
* To be informed that the two halls work together and more trucks run to calls (1)
* Use the land County owns to reduce cost of two stations (1)
* Use County land for one larger station in Leslieville with substation in Condor (1)
* Need another public meeting with building sizes, one and two, number of units to house (1)
* Local planning committee to look at blueprints and construction (1)
* Do not use water from sewer lagoon for firefighting. (2)
* It is better to have much help at fire, than not enough. (1)
* Need to know ballpark cost of halls (1)
* There is a social purpose and well-being to each community having a hall. (1)
* It will be hard to measure the social cost of fire hall in community. (1)
Can one hall have a much larger bulk water storage? Availability of
water is important. Maybe rural stations should have multiple tankers.
* Concern with rural crime if one combined hall is built outside both communities. (1)
* Seemed to lean towards 1 station (1)
* Offer of land available for sale for one combined station (1)